Your Beliefs & Thoughts Affect The Results in Your Business and Life.
They say if you believe you can, you can, and if you believe you can’t then you’re probably also right.
I am sure most of you have heard this before. However, what are you doing to improve and change your beliefs and thoughts in order to bring about different results in your business and your life?
Everything you do in life will create a result. Even if you do nothing you will still get a result. Our beliefs which have been formed over short and long periods of time determine the actions we are taking in our business on a daily basis. These actions be that positive or negative is what is ultimately determining the results we have in our business today.
How happy are you with the results your business is currently producing?
Most of us associate positive thinking and changing daily habits with our personal life and forget to transfer those positive habits, thoughts and daily actions into our business. For some it just seems too hard. These are all excuses. If this sounds like you (someone making a lot of excuses) it’s these excuses that have produced the results that are your current reality. It’s vital you don’t let your past results dictate your current thoughts though. If you do, your results will repeat themselves.
If you are not currently happy with the results you are getting in your business then perhaps it’s time to consider bringing about change to your daily thoughts, feelings and actions. You are going to have to change the thoughts first in order to change your results. You will be amazed at the difference just this change can bring to your business and your life and you will wonder why you didn’t focus on it sooner.
We have become such busy beings in such a busy society that we tend to be just doing and talking about what we don’t want rather than focusing on what we do want. It takes a lot of discipline to focus purely on what you do want, however I can guarantee you once you do just that you will be happy with the results you start to see.
The average person has 25,000 thoughts every day. Unfortunately they are the same thoughts day after day after day. Have you ever had a day off and found yourself automatically driving to work? It happens and all to often I must say. This is because most of us live a habitual life and you don’t have to put much thought into a habit. So make a commitment to changing your habits. Drive a different way to work. Change some ways you do things at work, and start being aware of your thoughts and feelings. By changing consistently your results will also change.
So here’s my first tip for you in creating better results in your business and also your life.
Focus on what you want, rather than on what you don’t want.
Slow and steady will win the race, so go easy on yourself in the first few weeks or even months, if you find yourself falling back into some old habits. Acknowledge them and move forward, is the best way to deal with them. They say Rome wasn’t built in a day so I encourage you to set yourself daily targets for improvement. These could be on a personal level and also in some areas of your business. No matter what area they are in, it’s the Daily Consistent Improvement that will make a difference to your long term success. 1% improvement every day will produce a 365% improvement over the course of one year. The challenge so many of us face is we do nothing at all and wonder why we are in the same position we were in a year before.
With all this said you have to be willing to change and willing to learn new habits along the way.
I have this quote by Albert Einstein” on the wall in my office as a constant reminder that if I want something to change in my business I must change my level of thinking first.
“All conditions and all circumstances in our lives are a result of a certain level of thinking.
When you want to change the conditions and the circumstances, we have to change the level of thinking that is responsible for it.
Here’s some ways you can start making a change in your business and life.
The 7 Steps To Achieving What You Want
- Change Your Thoughts First In Order To Change Your Results
- Know What You Want! Confucius says, “ man who aims at nothing is sure to hit it!” be sure you know what you wanting to achieve in your life and in your business. Make sure you write down your goals.
- Know Why You Want It. If the why is strong enough the how will fall into place.
- Create A Plan Of Action
- It’s important to chart your course of action. By creating a plan of action you will go in the direction of your goals a lot faster. Make sure you have a time frame for what you want. This will ensure the actions you are taking every day are in fact taking you closer to your goal and not further away from it.
- Take Action You will be surprised at how many people create action plans for their goals and then fail to take the necessary action required to see it come to reality in their life. Take Action, you will be amazed at how much you will achieve.
- Monitor and Measure By monitoring where you are at with the attainment of your course you will be able to adjust your course of action where necessary. By not knowing where you are going it’s very difficult to make a change if and when it’s needed.
A friend of mine says: “Sleeping is for dreaming , being awake is for living your dreams”
I encourage you to start focusing on changing your thoughts, taking the necessary action and living your dreams today!